Dental Cleanings & Prevention in West Omaha
Achieving a radiant smile takes more than daily brushing, flossing, and a diligent oral hygiene routine. At Shadow Ridge Dental, we are your partners, dedicated to delivering the care you need to protect your oral health and overall wellness. Our dentists and team provide professional dental cleanings and exams that use advanced technology and emphasize prevention and education.
We know the importance of keeping your teeth and gums healthy and how certain concerns can impact your comfort and quality of life. Our team begins treating patients by age one, and you can rely on us to provide comprehensive treatment for every family member with integrity. At Shadow Ridge Dental, we educate you about your oral health and make honest recommendations we feel will benefit your long-term well-being.
Our entire team proudly serves individuals and their loved ones throughout the West Omaha communities, such as Elkhorn and beyond. Contact our office to schedule your next preventive appointment today! We look forward to making you smile!
CALL US: (402) 933-0525 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
What is Preventive Dental Care?
Dental prevention focuses on maintaining the health of your teeth, gums, jaws, and other essential structures. Concerns like oral cancer and gum disease can pose severe threats to your overall health when not diagnosed and treated early. Thanks to our use of special tools and modern technology, our team can better identify concerns, provide precise treatment, and protect your smile. Early detection can help us effectively remove decay and combat infection in the least intrusive manner.
At Shadow Ridge Dental, we provide the following preventive services:
Our compassionate team is committed to the latest dental technologies to provide you with effective care that considers your happiness, comfort, and budget.
Prevention through Regular Cleanings
Our team recommends that you visit us for dental cleanings every six months. We always encourage you and your loved ones to practice good oral hygiene every day between visits. If it’s been a while since your last appointment, don’t worry! Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is here to help schedule you in and get you started!
What Happens During Appointments?
Preventive appointments at Shadow Ridge Dental can involve several services depending on your needs and oral health situation. Our dentists make sure that you feel comfortable and safe before beginning treatment. When visiting us for routine care, your visit can include:
- Exams are necessary to check every tooth in your smile. Our team looks at your gums and measures pocket depth to monitor your oral health. We examine soft tissues, including your gums, tongue, and inner cheeks. Jaw, bite, and chewing functions are also checked.
- Digital & panoramic imaging to take complete pictures of your teeth, jaw, and neck. We also use 3D scanning technology to capture precise details of your mouth. These images allow us to spot deep tooth decay, infections, cysts, and more.
- Oral cancer screenings are performed by our team during every visit. We check for telltale signs such as tissue abnormalities, bumps, or lesions.
- Dental cleanings involve our hygienists removing bacteria, plaque, and debris from your smile. After we clean all surfaces of your teeth, we perform detailed flossing and polishing. We can also add fluoride and sealant treatments after your dental cleaning if necessary.
- Deep cleanings are necessary when we discover signs of gum disease. Our hygienists perform deep cleanings, also known as scaling and root planing, to address moderate gum infection.
Protective Sealants & Fluoride Treatments
Our dentists offer sealant and fluoride treatments to protect vulnerable teeth from decay. Sealants are thin, protective coating made from safe materials that we apply directly onto the enamel. Fluoride treatment may come in a gel, varnish, or foam. We offer these preventive measures for all ages.
The Benefits of an All-Digital Practice
Our in-office technology offers significant advantages compared to traditional storing, filing, and imaging. Digital x-rays are stored on our computers. From there, we can easily access the digital pictures of your smile and show them to you. We can zoom in to get a closer look, which helps us better understand your dental anatomy and spot potential concerns.
Our panoramic x-rays and 3D scanners allow us to capture detailed 360-degree images of your teeth, gums, jaws, head, and neck. This technology gives us a greater chance to detect new and developing issues that traditional techniques could miss. With digital imaging, you and your loved ones are also exposed to much less radiation.
Digital and panoramic x-rays are more environmentally conscious because they do not require chemicals for development. Additionally, we store all records and information on computers. This helps promote more accurate record keeping and reduces the chances of damage to your x-rays.
Contact Us for Professional Cleanings & Prevention in West Omaha!
Dental prevention is designed to identify and treat various oral health concerns that can affect you at any age. With professional cleanings, exams, and innovative office technology, our team can protect your smile’s health, function, and beauty for life. Contact Shadow Ridge Dental today to get started!
CALL US: (402) 933-0525 REQUEST APPOINTMENT